In 2016, Flutes for Peace Founder Flutist Geri Rizzo entertained her dream to unite flutists in an effort to promote peace! Since then they have played for many public and private events in the name of peace and for shut ins to bring them peace through our beautiful sounds. We perform light classical, jazzy tunes, standards and movie themes. We have a lovely Christmas program!
Our core group players below, shown alphabetically, hail from New Jersey and perform with the Atlantic Pops, Bay Atlantic Symphony, Ocean City Pops and also perform in recitals as well as teach flute.
We are growing to promote platforms for peace. Our concert for the Ukraine on March 19th was very successful, and our latest endeavor is undeeway.
We are expanding to every state of the USA and beyond, internationally. If you have a flute choir, please contact Geri for more information!
In our quest to bring attention the need for peace, we felt it necessary to hold a vigil for the plight of the war in Ukraine.
Flutists from NewJersey who participated are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Carla Auld, Ridgewood, NJ - Assistant Program Chair
- Ronna Ayscue, Cherry Hill, NJ
-Jan Fagan, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Beverly Pugh-Corry, Bridgeton, NJ
- Rosemarie Cicalese-Jurgaitis, Tuckerton, NJ
-JoAnn Mitchell, Margate, NJ
- Geri Rizzo, Atlantic City, NJ - Program Chair
- Judith Simmermon, Glassboro, NJ
-GUEST CONDUCTOR: Dr. Beverly Vaughn, Professor of Music, Stockton College, Pomona and Atlantic City, NJ
- COMPOSER Eugene Magalif, native of Belarus, now East Brunswick, NJ - presented a speech regarding his countryman and the Ukraine followed by our performance of his arrangement of "Carol of the Bells" for flute choir.
And last but not least, thanks to Reverend Arlen for donating the use of this beautiful sanctuary and for leading us in prayer on behalf of Ukraine...
The Flutes for Peace "UKRAINE LAMENT" Benefit